Thursday, May 11, 2006

Walla Walla Balloon Stampede

The Walla Walla Valley will barely be able to catch it's breath after Spring Wine Release finishes and the Walla Walla Balloon Stampede will be in full force! This year the exciting hot air ballooning will start their 32nd Annual year in Walla Walla Valley from May 12 -14, 2006. Among balloon enthusiasts, it is the Pacific Northwest's first and most prestigious hot air balloon rally of the season and brings around 40 pilots and their balloons from around the nation to the Walla Walla Valley.

The weekend features memorable flights (and I am here to tell you how memorable my flight was!), lots of food-on-a-stick, arts and craft fair, antique and car shows - - all will be held at the County Fairgrounds. Saturday evening will be the "Nite Glow Show."

The valley's wineries will also be opened for those who are interested in wine tasting and purchasing the new spring releases. It is a beautiful time of the year to drink some of the world's finest wines under balloon filled skies.

"I'm being followed by a balloon shadow - balloon shadow, balloon shadow. "

(A photographer I am not and because I am not a photographer, I am satisfied with disposable cameras. I got lucky this time when I shot this moment from "up, up and away in my beautiful balloon." Okay, I'll cut the 60-70 tunes.)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...