Monday, April 10, 2006

Rulo Viognier


This weekend I had an opportunity to enjoy Rulo WineryViognier 2004. Viognier is one of my favorite whites and while it is a favorite, I am picky. My opinion is that there are exceptional Viogniers or very mediocre ones. Rulo's captures all of the qualities of an exceptional Viognier. Before my lips touched the glass an amazing aroma of honeysuckle surprised me. I let my nose linger for awhile in the wine glass bowl just to breath in the aromatic qualities. This Viognier was crisp and clean to the palate, yet tastes of melon and pears filled the mouth.

I would pair this wine with a cheese plate of Manchego and Dry Jack accompanied by prosciutto, such as we did. I also snuck in a bite of garlicy hummus on pita bread with a sip of this wine and it worked! This Viognier would also be fitting for a plate full of chilled cracked crab or spicy crab cakes. A quality wine that can be enjoyed for under $20.

2 comments:

Nancy White said...

Hey, we're thinking about a Walla Walla road trip soon.

I'll have to track down that Viognier. Have you tried Bergeron Vineyard's? It's YUMMY

Chris said...

Going to Walla Walla, Wa this next weekend...The Viognier is excellent.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...