Friday, March 24, 2006

Woodward Canyon

Last night I opened a bottle of Woodward Canyon's Red Table Wine. This is definitely a great food wine to be paired with Wednesday night spaghetti, Saturday's bar-be-que hamburgers or Sunday's pot roast. Even better, an every day great sipping wine. I enjoyed my glass while nibbling on a European dark chocolate bar.

I believe that this particular blend was Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, and Cabernet Franc. The nose was cocoa and mint. The taste was of very dense and full of dark fruit. What I enjoyed most of all was the long burnt sugar and creamy finish. Reminded me of creme brulee.

This wine is another fine example of Walla Walla's excellent red table wines for under $20.00. The valley's wineries have been producing some of the finest non-vintage blends at excellent values.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...